Family and Community Autism Resource Room (FCARR)
Navigating through the maze of autism-related information and resources can be overwhelming. Clearbrook aims to make the process more comfortable by discussing options with family members as well as professionals. The Family and Community Autism Resource Room provides information and resources to the community by offering a variety of services. Some of these services include: a Lending Library of books and DVD’s; a resource wall which is stocked with the most current information on autism-related topics; a visual wall which has pre-made visual templates; a make-and-take center for creating communication boards, visuals and schedules. There is also information and referral resources about programs, services and supports available including: support groups, autism organizations, community resources, professional information, trainings and community events.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can use the FCARR? The FCARR is available to all families and community members that are impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- What can I expect from the FCARR? The FCARR offers resources and referrals to families and community members touched by autism spectrum disorders including: current news and information, tip sheets, visuals, resources and many other things.
- How do I access the FCARR? Please contact Tracy Hellner, Autism Resource Specialist, at 847-385-2622 or email@example.com to schedule a visit.
- When is the FCARR open? The FCARR in Arlington Heights is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Can the FCARR provide referrals to trainings and support groups? The FCARR bulletin board will always have updated information on trainings, support groups and other useful information in your area.
Staff Positions and Primary Responsibilities
Autism Resource Specialist – Provides resources and referrals to families and community members impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Where is the program located?
Clearbrook’s Family and Community Autism Resource Room – Arlington Heights
(Inside Clearbrook’s CHILD Therapy facility)
1815 W. Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
What are the age requirements of the participants in your program?
The Resource Room is available to anyone that needs our services.
If you would like more information about Clearbrook’s Family and Community Autism Resource Room, please contact Tracy Hellner, Autism Resource Specialist, at 847-385-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.