Independent Community Employment
For some individuals there is a desire to work in the community independently. At Clearbrook, we empower our clients with the skills they need to achieve the greatest level of independence in their daily lives. We help our clients decide where they want to be and then equip them with the skills and motivation to get there. Our Independent Community Employment Services offers short-term job coaching and training for clients. Additionally, we work with employers to ensure a successful on-the-job relationship.
Highlights and Accomplishments
- Over 30 clients have been placed into community-based employment over the past 18 months.
- More than 90% of the time, our clients achieve a successful employment match (defined as more than 30 days on the job).
- Our clients are currently independently employed by Army Base, BBI, McDonald’s, Boomers, Walmart Palatine, Walmart Wheeling, Weichai, Bonefish, Jeet, Bonefish Grill Algonquin/Schaumburg, Gap, Cozzini, RTC Romeoville, RTC Rolling Meadows, NWCASA, and Culver’s
- Our workshop partners are Assured Flow, Borg Warner, and Laco.
- Clearbrook also employs our own clients as greeters, receptionists, janitors, and food preparers whenever possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do individuals obtain employment? Our Job Developer will meet with a client that is seeking independent community employment to determine his/her interests and skills. The job developer will then seek job openings in the community that are a good match for a particular client. Once a match has been found, the client is assisted through the application and interview process.
- Does Clearbrook provide transportation for clients to get to their community job sites? Clients are responsible for their own transportation, however, Clearbrook will assist with researching transportation options (bus, taxi, share plans, etc.)
Staff Positions and Primary Responsibilities
Director of Community Employment– Oversee the program and Community Support Coaches.
Job Developer– Matches individuals, based on their interests, desires, and skills, with job openings in the community.
Where is the program office?
1815 W. Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
What are the age requirements to participate in the program?
Participation is open to individuals 18 years of age and older.
If you would like more information about Clearbrook’s Independent Employment Program, please contact our Admissions Department:
Connect with Clearbrook
View Our Videos