Clearbrook’s Community Day Services programs offer an array of weekday services to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. By providing a variety of opportunities, our clients are able to expand their interaction with their peers, their community, and the world at large within structured settings. An individualized program plan is developed around each client, resulting in services that are a blend of instruction, interventions, activities, and experiences. Participants are encouraged and supported in expressing their interests in the planning of services.
Community Day Services provide participants with opportunities to continue to learn based upon their interests and abilities. Emphasis is placed on socialization and community participation.
Program Highlights and Accomplishments
- Art activities serve all clients and utilize the visual arts to promote independence, motor control, and personal expression.
- Music activities include music appreciation and music-making with drums, guitars, pianos, and tambourines.
- Fitness and exercise are stressed for all program participants.
- Each participant has a series of individualized strategies, developed around his or her unique needs.
- For our clients that wish to give back, Community Day Services has partnered with community organizations, allowing our clients the opportunity to help others as volunteers.
- Community employment opportunities are available for our clients seeing work opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your hours of service? Community Day Services offers programming from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Can family members visit the day program? Absolutely. Clearbrook understands and believes that family support is a huge key to success in working with people with disabilities. Families are encouraged to participate in the programming options at Day Services.
- What about transportation to the day program? Transportation is one of the most common challenges we face for our clients. Clearbrook has a limited ability to provide transportation. If Clearbrook transportation is not available, Clearbrook staff will work with the families and clients to explore the array of transportation options available (such as PACE programs, local township transportation options, etc.).
- Do participants leave the facility at all during the day? Yes. Community outings play an integral part of the programming at Community Day Services. Part of our mission is to assist people in becoming more independent, and we believe that we need to access the general community in order to make that happen.
Staff Positions and Primary Responsibilities
Program Director – Oversees the entire program.
Program Coordinator – Oversees program, directly supervises all management staff.
Client Services Manager – Supervises the Developmental Trainers.
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) – Serves as the primary contact for family members, writes program plans and develops goals for individuals that live with family members.
Developmental Trainers/Job Coach – Works directly with the clients, assisting with activities and goals.
Activity Manager and Activity Staff – Plans and carries out special program events, activities and outings.
Where is the program located?
Clearbrook’s Day Services programs are located:
|6500 Northwest Highway
Naturally Gifted Vocational Training
|Clearbrook Getz Building
746 S Vermont
Community Day Services
Partners in Adult Learning (PAL)
|3705 Pheasant Road
PURSUIT Rolling Meadows
|3201 W Campbell Road
|2100 Golf Road
Community Day Services: Riley
|1000 W Central Road
PURSUIT Mount Prospect
|1945 Techny Road, Unit 3
Techny Community Day Services
|100 Community Boulevard
Wheeling, IL 60090
|601 W. Deerfield Parkway
PURSUIT Buffalo Grove
|1225 Tri State Parkway
Community Day Services North
|1919 Walnut Avenue
Hanover Park, IL
PURSUIT Hanover Park
What are the age requirements to participate in the program?
Day Services serves adults with intellectual/disabilities over the age of 18.
If you would like more information about Clearbrook’s Community Day Services programs, please contact our Admissions Department: