What began modestly as a small group of parents in Rolling Meadows hoping to establish a “school for their special needs children” has expanded significantly to reflect the current needs of families with children diagnosed with developmental delays, as well as adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, most notably those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We serve people over a range of ages and disabilities from children diagnosed with developmental delays at birth to the unique needs of seniors with disabilities and all ages in between.
- Supports over 8,000 individuals and their families annually
- Serves 15 counties in over 160 communities in Chicago, the suburbs, and northern Illinois.
- Provides services at over 50 locations.
- Employs over 900 full-and part-time staff.
- Is the largest provider in the state of Illinois of home-based services.
- Has an administrative overhead of 8% – well below the industry standard of 15-25%.
- Is licensed, certified and/or accredited by the Illinois Department of Human Services and the Illinois Department of Public Health, SourceAmerica and the US Department of Labor.
- Receives approximately 70% of our funding from the government.