Clearbrook understands how challenging it can be to care for a loved one with a disability. Our
Home-Based Services are tailored to provide eligible individuals and their families services and supports in the comfort and familiarity of their home and community with a goal of achieving as much independence as possible.
Clearbrook’s Home-Based Services Program provides:
- Support to individuals age three through adulthood and their families
- Services to promote skill development and community integration.
- Coordination with other programs in which family members may participate.
Home-Based Service Option Plans:
Eligible individuals and their families have two plans from which to select:
- Agency Directed - Family selects Clearbrook to employ and train Personal Support Workers.
- Family Directed - Family selects an employer to hire and train Personal Support Workers.
Program Highlights and Accomplishments
- Clearbrook’s Home-Based Services Program is the largest provider of home-based services in Illinois.
- As a leader in home-based services, Clearbrook provides training and support to Service Facilitators throughout the state through a network called the Home-Based Workgroup.
Clearbrook’s Home-Based Services Program serves over 1,000 families annually in over 180 communities throughout 13 counties in Illinois.
- Over 425 Supported Living Assistants work with families in our Home-Based Services Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the goal of the Home-Based Services Program? Home-Based Services is designed to promote a family environment through skill development and community integration.
- How does Home-Based Services Program differ from the Take A Break Volunteer Programs? Home-Based Services focuses on active treatment for the individual(s) while Take A Break provides the opportunity for family members to take a break from the daily care needs of the individual(s).
- What are some examples of active treatment? Active treatment includes goal setting, developing daily living skills, behavior management and other tools needed to help the participant move towards independence.
- What is the role of the family? Your family’s support and involvement is essential to your family member’s success in the Home-Based Services Program. Partnering together, we can make a difference in expectations and desires that you and your loved ones have identified.
Staff Positions & Primary Responsibilities
Clearbrook recognizes that open and continuous communication between families and direct care staff is the heart of a successful relationship. The most critical staff members of our team are:
Supported Living Assistant (SLA) - Matched to families based on job qualifications, experience, scheduling and compatibility, the SLA Provides participants with supervision, training, assistance and guidance at home or in the community; he or she is extensively trained by Clearbrook.
Service Facilitator - Provides case management services to the individual in conjunction with the family and serves as primary contact for the family. The Service Facilitator supervises the Supported Living Assistants. Facilitate services with other professionals as needed.
Family Support Specialist – Advocates and supports the IEP (individualized education plan) for the child. Assists the family with scheduling concerns, behavior programming and transition planning.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) - Completes functional assessments and provides behavioral supports to reduce incidents of problem behaviors and improve the adaptive and social skills of the clients. Assists in supervising interns. Provides support and training for direct care staff.
Transition Outreach Specialist – Support families through the social security and Medicaid process; provides information on special needs trusts; assists families in obtaining benefits and links families to adult services.
Where is the program located?
Services are provided to clients in the family home.
|Home-Based Services (Administrative Offices)
1835 West Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
2777 Finley Road, Suite 22
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Clearbrook North Shore
1935 Techny Road, Suite 15
Northbrook, IL 60062
What are the age requirements to participate in the program?
Participants must be 3 years or older.
If you would like more information about Clearbrook’s Home-Based Services, please contact Hollis Gorrie, Program Director at 847-385-5041 or email@example.com.