Independent Community Employment
For some individuals there is a desire to work in the community independently. At Clearbrook, we empower our clients with the skills they need to achieve the greatest level of independence in their daily lives. We help our clients decide where they want to be and then equip them with the skills and motivation to get there. Our Independent Community Employment Services offers short term job coaching and training for clients. Additionally, we work with employers to ensure a successful on-the-job relationship.
Highlights and Accomplishments
- Over 30 clients have been placed into community-based employment over the past 18 months.
- More than 90% of the time, our clients achieve a successful employment match (defined as more than 30 days on the job).
- Our clients are currently independently employed by Culver’s, Jewel, Menards, Bonefish Grill, Goodwill, Mariano’s Fresh Market, and Papa Saverio's. Clearbrook also employs our own clients as greeters, receptionists, janitors and food preparers whenever possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do individuals obtain employment? Our job development manager will meet with a client that is seeking independent community employment to determine his/her interests and skills. The job development manager will then seek job openings in the community that are a good match to a particular client. Once a match has been found, the client is assisted through the application and interview process.
- Does Clearbrook provide transportation for clients to get to their community job sites? Clients are responsible for their own transportation, however Clearbrook will assist with researching transportation options (bus, taxi, share plans etc.)
Staff Positions and Primary Responsibilities
Director of Community Employment– Oversee the program and Community Support Coaches.
Job Development Manager – Matches individuals, based on their interests, desires and skills, with job openings in the community
Where is the program office?
1815 W. Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
What are the age requirements to participate in the program?
Participation is open to individuals 18 years of age and older.
If you would like more information about Clearbrook’s Supported Employment Program, please contact our Admissions Department: