During the Fall of 1955, a small group of parents began meeting with hopes to establish a school for their special needs children. Soon after, on April 16, 1956, Clearbrook was born when the doors of our first classroom opened. Designated as the "Rolling Meadows Community School for Retarded Children Council," we were originally housed in a barn before our first permanent building was acquired in 1961.
We serve people over a range of ages and disabilities from children diagnosed with developmental delays at birth to the unique needs of seniors with disabilities and all ages in between.
Annually, we support over 6,000 individuals as well as their families in 13 counties, in over 160 communities and 50 locations throughout Chicago and the suburbs. We are proud to be the largest provider of home-based services in Illinois.
Clearbrook is a 501(c)3 organization,licensed, certified and/or accredited by the Illinois Department of Human Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois Department of Rehabilitation Services, SourceAmerica and the Department of Labor.
- Serves 13 counties in over 160 communities in Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
- Provides services at over 50 locations.
- Employs nearly 900 full-and part-time staff.
- Is the largest provider in the State of Illinois of home-based services.
- Has just under 500 people on our waiting list for residential services.
- Has an administrative overhead of 8% - well below the industry standard of 15-25%.
- Is licensed, certified and/or accredited by the Illinois Department of Human Services, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Illinois Office of Rehabilitation Services, SourceAmerica and the Department of Labor.
- Receives approximately 70% of our funding from the government.